Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ornament Review: In the Groove - 2010 Hallmark Ornament

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great music and action make it fun
Cons: Who do you think I am, the Grinch?
The Bottom Line
Snoopy and Woodstock
Dancing to a jazzy tune
Smiles guaranteed




Snoopy, Woodstock, and the Snoopy Dance Star in This Groovy Ornament

When I was looking at ornaments this year, I immediately fell in love with In The Groove, an ornament that features Snoopy and Woodstock.  While I was still trying to talk myself into buying it, but roommate bought it for me as a surprise.  I was thrilled.  I've had it sitting out for the last couple of months, and it still brings a smile to my face.

I will admit the ornament isn't much to look at.  Snoopy and Woodstock are standing in front of Snoopy's doghouse.  They both have their arms outstretched.  They are standing on what is supposed to be grass, but is just plastic with a little bit of texture to it.  Snoopy's doghouse is red.  The colors are bold and bright, so it will definitely stand out.

This is a magic ornament, and that's what makes it so very cool.  There is a small red button in the middle of the green base.  You can't miss it.  When you press that button, you get music and sound.  The music is the jazz piece "Linus and Lucy" that has been part of just about all the Peanuts TV shorts at some point or other.  And Snoopy and Woodstock dance along with the music.  Snoopy taps his feet, occasionally both but usually one or the other.  His head is loose enough that is moves back and forth based on which side he is currently tapping.  Woodstock is quite obviously attacked to the control for Snoopy's left foot because whenever that foot moves, Woodstock jumps up and down.

It's surprising just how much joy simply pressing that button gives out.  I can't help by smile as I watch Snoopy and Woodstock dance.  My roommate even likes to press the button when he's in my room talking to me.

The ornament does run on three AAA batteries, which aren't included with the ornament.  They slip behind a panel in the back of the doghouse.

There's a nice big base, so it's been sitting flat on my desk for two months now.  When you slip a hanger in the brass hook on the top of the doghouse, you'll find that the ornament might tip back ever so slightly.  Trust me, you'll never notice unless you are looking for it.


Normally, I put Christmas ornament away in January for the year.  I am going to have a very hard time doing that with In The Groove.  It's just too much fun.  I think this is one ornament I will have to enjoy year round.

Original Price: $18.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.