Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Candy Review: Hershey's Kisses - Original Milk Chocolate

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Intense flavor of rich milk chocolate
Cons: They're a candy, which means they aren't good for you




The Bottom Line:
Rich chocolate flavor
Easy to pop in your mouth
Wish it were healthy

It's Hard to Resist the Milk Chocolatey Goodness of the Original Hershey's Kisses

I recently tried several of the special holiday versions of Hershey's Kisses.  While I enjoyed them, they left me wanting to go back to the original.  So I picked up a package of Hershey's Kisses in their original flavor - Milk Chocolate.  Oh, they are still so good.

The original Hershey's Kisses are small, teardrop shaped pieces of pure milk chocolate.  There's nothing else added to these, so there is nothing to interfere with the rich, chocolate flavor.  Even though they are small, they still give you a quick burst of chocolate that will leave you craving more.

Of course, being candy, they aren't good for you.  It's not surprising when you look at the ingredients.  They start right out with sugar, milk, and chocolate.  So while your tongue may be happy when you eat these, you won't be that happy when your pants don't fit the next time you put them on.

The nutritional information supports this.  Just nine of these candies contain 200 calories, 100 of them are from fat.  Please pass more!

Hershey's Kisses come wrapped in shiny, silver foil.  It doesn't take much to unwrap them, especially since there's a piece of paper coming out of the top to help.  And that paper is a great deterrent to over indulging.  That added time to unwrap can slow me down enough for me to realize I really don't need that next one, so I'll set it down for later.  If these were unwrapped and ready to shovel from bag to mouth, I'd probably eat twice as many in one sitting, which is a scary thought since I can easily eat 20 at a time.

As good as some of the varieties are, nothing quite matches the Milk Chocolate Hershey's Kisses.  If you need a quick burst of chocolate, these will definitely make your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.