Monday, June 24, 2013

Ornament Review: Lego Darth Vader - 2011 and 2012 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Lego and Star Wars fun for your Christmas tree
Cons: A bit on the large size for my taste
The Bottom Line:
Combines Legos with
Star Wars, Christmas ornaments
A bit big but fun




I Sense a Disturbance in the Lego Force

While I haven't bought or played with Legos in years, I have gotten hooked on the various Lego video games.  As a result, I couldn't pass up getting Hallmark's 2011 release of Lego Darth Vader.

The ornament is black.  Then again, so is Darth Vader.  It's actually a very good likeness of him done in the inner connected blocks.  That means he's squarer then he might normally be.  His helmet is still round on top, but a square makes up his chest, with the various lights painted on it.  His hands are also the traditional Lego hands.  IN his right hand, he's holding a red light saber.  He's on a gray Lego block that has Lego Star Wars written on it.  His right foot is planted, but his left foot is behind him like he's walking forward.

The only thing I don't like about his is his size.  He's three and a half inches tall, which makes me much bigger than any Lego figure I ever played with.  Since all the detail is pretty much painted on, there's really no reason for that larger size.  But I do find him fun, and I'm definitely glad I got him.

Kids might be disappointed to know that Darth Vader can't move.  He looks like a regular Lego ornament, but he is solid and doesn't bend at his joints.

While the Lego block that serves as a base for the ornament has the Lego bumps on the top, it is smooth on the bottom.  This does allow him to stand up straight on any level surface.

Darth Vader has a hook in the top of his helmet, and it must be the center of the ornament because if you hang him from there, he's absolutely straight.

I wish the entire ornament were a little smaller so he'd look more like a traditional Lego figure.  Having said that, I am glad I can add Lego Darth Vader to my tree this year.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.