Monday, June 3, 2013

Ornament Review: Rapunzel - 2010 Hallmark Ornament

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun and creative pose
Cons: None
The Bottom Line
Princess Rapunzel
Will look so free and merry
Swinging on your tree




Go Ahead. Hang Disney's Newest Princess from Her Hair.  Rapunzel Won't Mind at All.

(Note: This review was originally written a couple weeks before Tangled premiered.)

I've got to admit I am anxiously looking forward to the release of Tangled, Disney's version of the classic fairy tale Rapunzel, in a couple weeks.  I had originally intended to wait to buy this Hallmark ornament until after I saw the movie in case I didn't like it.  But I decided I liked the ornament enough I just couldn't wait.

From the previews, it is obvious that Disney's Rapunzel doesn't just have the normal long hair she is most famous for.  Her long hair is magical and can move like a very long third arm.  It must also be very strong because for this ornament, Rapunzel is swinging from her hair.  She is sitting on a strand that then loops up above her head.  Her legs are out, and she is smiling straight at us.  Sitting on her head is Pascal, her chameleon friend.  She is wearing a purple dress that I'm sure we will all be associating with her before very long.

Now here's the genius part of the ornament.  The loop for hanging this ornament is actually in her hair.  In fact, this loop is what she is hanging from to swing.  It is bigger than the normal hoop that Hallmark provides to hang ornaments from, which is a nice touch.  She hangs perfectly straight, and if you are extremely playful, you can actually swing her back and forth.  Frankly, the ornament just calls for you to do that.  I know, I know, this is a decoration, not a toy.  But really, it's all I want to do when I look at her.

Because of Rapunzel's pose, there's no way to stand her up at all.  But why would you want to do that.  The ornament calls to hang her by her hair on your tree.

As is always the case with Hallmark ornaments, the details are nice.  I already recognize her just from the previews for Tangled.  You can actually see a design on her dress.  Pascal is a bit too small, but even so I knew who he was supposed to be right away.

This ornament is so much fun because Rapunzel is swinging from her own hair.  If you love the movie as much as I do, you'll definitely want to track this one down.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.